PNE Fright Nights - Hiring Actors
Fright Nights Actors
Fright Nights: October 7 – 31
Must be available for training and may be required to
work evenings as late as 1am
Wage & Pay Grade: $18/hour
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 112 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $54 million dollars and generates revenue through three activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 750,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Fair and Festivals Operations Production Team to help us scare the wits out of our Fright Nights guests! The Haunted Attractions Cast Members of the FFO Department will work under the direction of the Production Managers & Supervisor and will dress up in costume and act out an assigned role. Cast members will be provided with safety training, costume and make-up and they will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.
Why join our Team?
• Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
• Opportunity to enhance your scare actor training
• Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
• Staff discounts for Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
• Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as a Cast Member, your primary accountabilities will be to:
• Cast-based role-play based on assigned scripts/character within the themes of the haunted houses.
• Provide an entertaining and safe experience to guests through an assigned role.
• Interpret serious or comic role by speech, gesture, and body movement to inform or entertain guests.
• Learning lines, researching characters, and rehearsing roles.
• Preparing for and attending auditions.
• Researching, reading material, or undertaking activities to help prepare for a role.
• Discussing interpretation and delivery with other members of the team and the script writer.
• Possible involvement in dancing and singing.
We are looking for talented energetic individuals to fill the following positions and specific character roles inside and outside of their correlating themed attractions:
o Well known horror movie villains (male)
o Large intimidating demons
o High energy, menacing and creepy clowns
o Victorian undead family members
o Human form reptiles, insects, and animals
o Deformed boogeymen
o Possessed dolls (ability to portray seemingly unnatural body movements an asset)
o Zombies (fast and slow moving)
• Completion of Grade 11 by August 1, 2022 required.
• Current related acting/drama experience or education, including a high school drama program.
• Ability to wear a costume (including face mask, face paint, latex, silicon and/or make-up.)
• Ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
• Good knowledge of the Halloween Industry.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work in dark and confined spaces and spend a large part of the workday walking and standing.
• Ability to work extended hours and workweeks as required.
• Previous theatre background an asset.
• Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
• Talented performer
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at http://www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.